Tuesday 14 February 2012

Sarah and her shoes

In response to the exam question on gender and my research into the named artists I have decided to explore ideas of feminism and female identify among a group of women who are in a book club with me. We have recently read and discussed How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran which initiated debate and discussion on what it means to each of us to be a feminist. To start the project I visited and photographed two of my friends and inspired by a chapter in Moran's book, I photographed the shoes which they wear. 












Here I have created a print design based on Sarah's shoes. The shoes represent practical aspects of Sarah's life, such as keeping fit, cycling to work and keeping her feet warm at home. The design is meant to look pretty and girly in contrast to the practical and well worn shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment