Friday 3 February 2012

Evaluation of Coursework

I have explored hand stitch, machine stitch, dying printing and felt making within my coursework. Within each project drawing and observation were important as starting points. I used easily accessible objects such as flowers in my garden and a collection of shells that I had and then my own portrait as my starting points. In all the projects I used simples materials, plain calico and cottons, coloured threads, cream and some coloured fleeces. I enjoyed the process of transforming simple materials by adding colour and pattern and then using these fabrics to create objects and images. I have filled my sketchbooks with drawings and samples and used my blog to present photographic evidence of my progress as well as artist reference for each project. It has been useful part of the process to photograph and present my work digitally as it always gives me an opportunity to look more objectively at the piece and evaluate it's success. I have had the opportunity to visit a range of exhibitions and textile events this year and these have all contributed to my understanding of the subject. All these experiences are referred to on my blog.
I enjoyed all the processes that I worked with and found dying and printing the most challenging, but possibly the most exciting process. I would like to combine a variety of skills and techniques within my exam project.

No comments:

Post a Comment