Sunday 11 March 2012

screen prints, cushions and labels


I created a photographic stencil and printed my shoe design on plain and dyed fabrics


I used the printed fabric and stitched portrait to make a small cushion in an attempt to create a more tactile and completed piece.



I am interested in the idea of labels that are given to women and here I have used the computerised Benina sewing machine to write out labels for my friend Sarah. I have deliberately left the threads which join each statement together. I really like the bicycle pattern and I have added it to the words.


Here I have added words to a piece of printed fabric and I think that this is a good development of my work as it starts to layer up techniques and ideas within one piece.


Using the reference below I experimented with making labels and these are my most successful designs. I used a an eyelet machine and created the ribbon using the Bernina bicycle pattern again.


No comments:

Post a Comment