Friday 16 September 2011

Sashiko - my samples


This is based on a traditional graphic style of design. I should have left a gap where the threads cross to give a more even look.


This is based on drawings of lily pads in my pond and inspired by the eau pure packaging which I looked at.


This blue flower design is very similar to the design seen in the illustrator designs below and is based on flowers in my garden

Another simple graphic design. In this sample I drew on the fabric with pencil to map out the design. In all the others I used bondaweb on the back. Using bondaweb on the back helped to stop the fabric puckering.

 
This traditional design is sewn by following the curved lines, not the circles. Within the finished design I think this square looks too busy.


This design is based on my drawings of the leaves of the water lily flower. The interlocking quality is similar to many traditional designs


I tried sewing on to this patterned fabric. I don't think that the red thread shows up enough, but I like the idea of pattern on top of pattern.


A traditional and effective pattern.


I am really pleased with these lily pad designs and think that they look good on both black and white backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment